How confident are you of appointment?
Successfully completed a competency based application before?
Will you be that 1 in 9?
Competition has never been greater
Being a good lawyer is not enough
How do you present in interview?
"Your understanding of the law and drafting experience was critical in enabling me to produce a first class form. I have not been pushed so hard in a long time but am extremely grateful for your constant advice and support throughout the process." 2013-14 Silk Appointment
"I was succesful and I just wanted to write and thank you for what I thought was a tremendously skilled and focussed training package that was comparatively easy to implement in a practical and meaningful way."
2012-2013 Silk Appointment
"Your advice on form application and interview was invaluable and played a key part in my obtaining Silk"
2010-2011 Silk Appointment
“After two attempts without success, I was despairing. Your help made all the difference.”
“Discussion of my application form and help with the interview process was highly beneficial."
Completing your silk application form is extremely demanding and time consuming. As experienced lawyers who have advised hundreds of succesful applicants, we take the pain out of the QCA's silk application process and will advise you on
1. Selection of your 12 cases using our 3 step process and table.
2. Tactical selection of your 24 Assessors.
3. Selecting the best examples.
4. Demonstrating excellence in Diversity and the other competencies.
5. Drafting techniques for maximum impact.
6. How the QCA exercise their discretion in those cases not falling squarely within the terms of the guidance.
90% of those silk applicants we assisted in the 2012-13 competition were appointed.
"Your assistance at both stages of the process was challenging, at times brutal but extremely effective and invaluable." 2013-14 Silk Appointment
“Many thanks for your assistance. I could not have done it without your support, particularly with the section on diversity” 2011- 2012 Silk Appointment
Effective Silk Interview Coaching
Our 1:1 silk interview coaching uses proven techniques, including a video recorded mock interview, that will
1. Ensure your perform at your best at your interview, including remedying any confidence issues.
2. Prepare you for the QCA questions. Having successfully advised applicants in numerous silk competitions, we have an in depth understanding of the type of questions you can expect to face and will advise you on how best to deal with them.
3. Address non verbal communication issues. As any good advocate knows, it is not simply a question of what you say, but how you say it that matters.
As barristers with combined experience of more than 50 years and interview coaches, we understand precisely what is required.
Call 020 7549 3606 for a no commitment discussion with one of the partners or email email@example.com
Appointments until 9pm weekdays and weekends on request.
We always go the extra mile for our clients because your world is our world.
"Your advice on form completion and interview was extremely helpful"
2009-2010 Silk Appointment